FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Jim Talioferro - Dead Shipment/Unresponsive
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #73
Tenor Goddess
Wow, that is so terrible. I can't believe anyone would do that to a tortoise or any animal period. Then he tapes the male up to obviously keep him from making noise. Who knows, maybe in his (much diluted) mind he thought taping him in a small box would keep him from flipping over. Um...still that's not going to work. What if the box was on its back. He would have been doomed.
Were there appropriate labels on either box out of curiosity?
"Fragile"
"Live Harmless Reptiles"
"This End Up"
"Keep at room temperature 70-75 F (22-24 C)" (or appropriate temps for certain species...you get my point).

Did he put any indications on the boxes at all besides a few holes that didn't go through the styro?

I'm so glad that little male has you to take care of him. The photos of the poor female made my stomach turn. I feel so bad for her and I'm sure being the one to open that box was a nightmare and a half.

I hope you get the full refund and these people are not allowed to only ship but not allowed to do business as well. That is animal cruelty and reckless shipping standards. Ug.

Almost feels like lately a leak has been found in the reptile community where all the cruel, idiotic and truly bad people are coming out of. :/

Kindest regards,

Amanda