FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Blocked glottis on snake -any advice urgently welcome
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 11:49 PM   #64
hotlips
On a previous forum, I can recall someone touting the use of a nebulizer for a snake with an RI...let me get back to you on that, it's been a long while. I do remember it was somewhat controversial, as far as what they used in it. (I remember thinking I'd have to be pretty desperate to use what they did- fearing harm to the snake.)

Likewise, I've only used supplements designed for reptiles, fearing the wrong concentration of ingredients that might harm a snake. If I'm not mistaken, Nutri-gel contains a fair amount of high-fructose corn syrup to boost the calories...what that does for a snake, I cannot imagine? It's designed for larger & very different warm-blooded animals, and no, I wouldn't use it. When I've tube-fed snakes, I used Gerber's chicken baby food, thinned with water so it goes easily thru the syringe & tubing, & usually added reptile vitamins as well as a drop of olive oil. I've brought around many a non-feeding snake that way, & you can add oral meds. if need be.

Lung worms- spread by snails/slugs, rats, etc. But don't chickens eat most anything?
(like a slug???) Maybe I've just been watching too many episodes of "Monsters inside me"? LOL