FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #31
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
BTW
I am a paid member of both Fauna and CS.com. Paying more at CS.com so as to have my own forum there (wonder if that would work here?).
Anyway, I would like to raise my contributer level (pay more) here at Fauna. Probably next month?
Only thing is that I wonder, if I were to do so (let's say next month), what happens to my current membership, which does not expire until Oct.? Will the higher level paid membership start as soon as I pay for it, and move expiration to that earlier date (a yr. later, of course), and simply erase my current membership (and paid $)? Something else?

~~~~
FYI, I terminated the personal forums over on CS a while ago when they were obviously being abandoned. I only allowed the existing ones to remain as long as they were at least being used. And no, you are not paying more for them than the standard paid membership which is identical to here. BTW, you haven't posted in your personal forum over there since 2015. Hint, hint...

And for the record, I did try personal forums here for a while. Yet another disaster that proved to be a waste of my time setting up.

The way the memberships are being used here is not as the developers of this message board software intended. There intention was for it to be used to open up access to one or more hidden or locked forums for each "subscription". Sort of you would be subscribing to special forums and not special *features* and *perks". So the way it works here, with the way I have it set up, each paid membership gives more perks per higher level, not opening up access to additional forums. So having multiple memberships does not gain you anything as only the highest level would really be significant. Things like classified ad bumps are not summed between multiple memberships, only the highest one is significant. Yes, both memberships will run concurrently, but that doesn't really gain you anything except you would be sporting BOTH medallions in your profile box associated with your messages posted. I've had people tell me that they like that "feature" but that is highly unusual for someone to do that.

So concerning upgrades, what I have done in the past is to allow an upgrade for the difference in price between the new higher and the old lower level. But this is something I have to do completely manually, so we would have to do this via private message rather than drawing this thread too far off beam.

Does that help to explain how that works?