FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - i got my first beardies
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Well, a 5x3x3 is not bad for 2 small dragons. They will begin to hit sexual peaks at 6 months, so, you have a bit of time before you will need to separate. Otherwise, they will breed way too early!
What type of lighting do you have? What type & brand of UVB do you have? Do you have a bright white basking light as well?
What are you measuring your temps with a digital probe or a temp gun?
What was your substrate? I apologize, I cannot remember if you did mention it.
As far as the veggies & greens, like Amber said, good luck! It will most likely take them awhile to recognize it as a food source, but keep trying. Eventually they will or should start to eat it. Honestly, some are just better at eating them than others are as they are very individual. You can try getting some phoenix or silkworms to put into the greens & veggies to see if that entices them. Maybe some dragon bites, too which they might like, too. Great they are eating crickets though. Make sure that they get fed 2-3 times daily, & you are keeping them well hydrated.
If they are already eating then, it sounds like they are adjusting pretty well to being relocated. It would be fine for you to start handling them, maybe try to get them out one at a time, to mist or bathe them. You can gradually work up to more time in handling them.
What type & brand of supplementation are you giving them, & how often are you giving it?

Tracie