FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Help please!!! Baby bearded
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmlutz View Post
Blaze is about four inches long and the pet store told me he is around three months old but were unable to give me hatch date. I have him in a 20 gallon aquarium that came with the juvenile bearded dragon kit with lights, fixtures, and food bowls, calcium, commercial food that I do not feed him. I feed him three times a day. He seems to eat about four to five in a 15 minute period and I take out the leftovers. I say seems because he will not eat in front of me. Actually Ate one in front of me yesterday! I also put kale and shredded carrots in daily sprinkled with calcium. Also sprinkle crickets daily. The lights I do not know specifics but on the cool side of tank I have food bowl and UVB bulb shines above. It is a ZooMed coil bulb. The temperature on the cool side remains at about 82. On warm side I have a rock directly under basking light with a log connecting the rock to near the back top corner of the tank allowing him to get within 6 inches of his light and the rock sits at about 10 inches away. basking bulb is also ZooMed. I use the reptile carpet. The humidity usually stays at about 30%. Warm side stays between 100-105 during day. At night goes down to 75-80.
A 4" dragon is around a week or 2. at 3 months they can be 8-12" or more. stop feeding the carrots until he gets bigger.

Cut the feedings back to twice a day, you will notice him feeding more aggressively feeding twice a day.

Change the cage carpet to paper towels. their nails will get caught in the carpet and they may lose them, you can change to sand when they are big juvies/sub adults.

The coil bulb is a compact florescent, lots of talk about these blinding beardies. I like a zoo med florescent tube for beardies.