FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #103
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66 View Post
I just wanted ask a question if the original guy she got the supposed BCL boa with IBD has been contacted to let him know of the stuff she has been doing and that the first vet report may be inacurate.
That was my original "red flag". If she felt the reports to be a fake, why didn't she do the reputable thing, and say so?

IMO, it was so she could keep selling snakes.

Several people had questioned her for having ads still up after the original
necropsy suggesting IBD, INCLUDING the man she accused of initially selling her the sick snake.

When people started questioning Ashley on WHY she was still selling snakes, her story changed indicating she had a second vet (not related to the exam of the BCL) discount the findings on the first necropsy or the other 3 tests she claims to have had done.

I haven't seen any vet reports indicating WHY he would discount the findings, and I find it hard to believe a Dr of Veterinary medicine would question the lab results on a snake he never saw, and on an exam he didn't perform..

She also lost a Burmese Python that showed no inclusion bodies, but died of sudden pneumonia. That, IMO could have POSSIBLY still been IBD related.

It's been shown in MANY statements regarding IBD, including Dr. Jacobson's report, that snakes will often test negative, but still die from IBD related causes, or be asymptomatic, but still infected. It was also pointed out that ONE case of IBD is rare.

Maybe the test was wrong, but until EXTENSIVE further tests were performed, IMO those snakes should have NEVER been sold, especially given the photographic PROOF that they were all housed/kept together despite claims of quarantine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66
If that is the case may I ask if that makes it look like maybe the BCL never had IBD and that there was no wrong doing in that case? I see he has not posted any animals for sale in a long while. That shows he has at least taken into consideration that there was a possibly that there was something wrong and is at least doing his part to contain the possible situation.
I don't believe he has been contacted, I believe he is banned from this forum now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66
She has tons of contadicting statements as we have all read and I am glad someone put up a flag to get all herpers notified of possible problems. Thanks
That bothers me as well.
The fact that ads are apparently still posted, and it's been "Business as usual" concerns me.

All the best.