FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Florida state law issues
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 12:04 PM   #100
Python Dreams
I Agree With Wes...

Nothing is in black and white ever... I don't do shows, but from what I can tell it does seem that sometimes officers will come and enforce laws that they donot understand. That happens and hopefully it will be thrown out of court. But it seems kinda easy to me... Follow any law that you know about to the best of your ability and you should be o.k... Now that you know this information, donot buy from someone who doesn't have a permit. Simple.... Do I think it is stupid that you need a permit to sell your pet? Yes... But, now that I know this I would get a permit to sell my pet in Florida.. Big Deal.. I probably have this wrong, but from what I understand Scarlett Kings are native to Florida..(???) Why purchase a native speceis? Aren't these laws in place due to the fact that local reptile dealers would probably pillage their local area for any reptile they can sell? Aren't some of these laws also in place due to the fact that we cannot really police ourselves and alot of times their are vendors that are basically death dealers with dead reptiles in cages along with other mite and parasite ridden animals skinny and on deaths door.. Along with discusting importation practices which result in thousands upon thousands of dead reptiles yearly? I cannot imagine what would be going on if somebody did not check on us somewhat, because I still see conditions in Pet Stores and shows that are appaling and I feel should be prosecuted.. Could you imagine going to a Dog show or Store and having to point out dead puppies to the dealers???? I do feel that Jerry trying to warn people is a good thing though... We do have to look out for eachother and the more everyone knows about the laws, the better.
Thanks, Tom Baker