FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Found a Snapping turtle
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 12:46 AM   #7
arTURTLEGIRL
I agree, It will be fine to release it in another location with a viable water source. I have several ponds on my property and I rescue snappers of all sizes from the highways and relocate them to the ponds on my farm before they get "squished" by idiots in cars. Far, Far away from the highway. Generally, they stay awhile and wander off to another farmers pond. I have several that stay where I put them.
That snapper is going to his pond because the fish in there is a food source...and he is hungry! He no doubt will return to have a tasty meal if he is not relocated.
PS-I had someone contact me at least 10 times in a row to remove a snapper that kept going to his inground pool night after night. We would get him out and the next morning he was back in......He wanted the toads and bullfrogs that hung around his pool for dinner. We finally moved him many miles away and that was the end of that.
Nice chatting with ya all. I'm Karen and I am new on your board. I have been working with turtles for many years doing rescue work.