FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Youngstown Reptile Show, OH Nov. 24th
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Herps Alive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herps Alive! View Post
We will be there, vending and doing rescue outreach, but to be honest, I don't think you will see much you would not see elsewhere. It has the potential (I think this is their third show) to be a good local show for the folks in Warren/Youngstown and points south who don't want to drive 75 minutes each way to Cleveland or Pittsburgh. Easy to get to, that is for sure.
Update - show was sold to a new promoter five days prior to the event. As a result, promotion suffered. Combine that with the first really cold weather of the winter and forecasts of lots of snow in areas, there were a number of vendor cancellations (nothing looks worse than a lot of empty tables) and traffic was slow. However, most of those who were there seemed ready to buy. Despite the slow day, we hit our targeted sales figure.

I believe these new promoters will do a good job. They are trying to go monthly,, and they are adding a December show on Saturday, 12/21. I am told Saturday is a much better shopping day in this area. The next day is the Pittsburgh show,, so they may get some vendor synergy the way Cleveland/Columbus do. I also think the greater frequency will help with promotion and attendance. We WILL be back next month.