FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Friendly Arboreal Snakes??
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #8
abbccjns
Yea I was kind of turned away from the GTB which I liked because of what I had heard, but have seen people holding ones that seemed pretty calm. I'm considering perhaps getting a non-arboreal like 6 foot python or boa instead. I feel like the 72"tallx28"x14" cage doesn't have enough floor space even for "arboreal" snakes. I'm sure I could keep one in there, but I'd rather give one more floor space and just make or buy a different cage. I'm definitely not just going to buy any snake that seems cool, I'm just trying to think of ideas and take my time. I love arboreal snakes and terrestrial snakes just as much and it seems like I might have friendlier options with some more terrestrial ones with how there are a good number of options with different species.

Anyway, while on the subject of pythons and boas, what would anyone recommend as a friendly about 6 foot species? I love red tails, but not sure I want one that might be around 8-12 feet max and need about an 8 foot + cage which I don't have the room for with how I could fit another cage on my 7x3x3' tegu cage and would prefer something that needs that size or smaller. I've always liked Brazilian Rainbows too, but need to look more into their temperament. I've always seen nice ones though.