FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry: Rolland @ outbackreptiles.com
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #25
Geckophoria
Stop!

Anyone who gets drug through the mud on a public forum has a tendency to get a little hot under the collar, as Rolland has.

Over the last 6 weeks or so I have received 3 orders from Outback. Not only will Rolland spend as much time as is neccesary on the phone with you, he is one of the quickest to respond to an email. Night or day, weekend or not, he will at least acknowledge that he received the email and if he can answer the question right then he will.

As far as being a "washed up salesman", I disagree. For one, I have never looked at him as being a "salesman". He has NEVER tried to SELL me anything. He will make suggestions or point out something that may have been overlooked, but he isn't SELLING anything that I am not already interested in. Second of all, I call and email him at least half a dozen times a week. He still has the time to answer my questions or return my emails. If he was just interested in making a sale, he would have hustled me away.

So in closing, Rolland would not, in my opinion, EVER ignore an email. This should have never made it this far. There are other ways to try and reach someone other than an email. I agree not everyone has the time to make phone calls, but I would imagine that someone contemplating posting in the BOI, might try to call first.

Other that doing business with Outback I have no connection to Rolland. I live and operate in California and have never met him. Do I consider him a friend yes. He has never done me wrong and I will continue to do business with Outback. Rolland AND Ian are by far, two of the most customer service oriented people I have met in my 20+ years in the pet industry. Keep it up guys!!