FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - THEFT AT TAMPA SHOW!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2002, 09:38 AM   #11
Glenn Bartley
Too bad about that theft. Thefts like this happen all the time at shows I have attended! (Whoops does that make me sound like I am a culprit - I hope not.) This past weekend my local herp society held its 13th annual show. Not a great big one, we only had about 42 vendor tables, but good sized for a small society. Well even before the doors opened a thief was at work. I had all my animals on the table, including some baby desert kingsnakes in deli cups. A small group of other vendors came by and oohed and aahed at them with one guy lagging behind a bit. I was busy still setting up, and really did not get a good look at who was there. I don't remember seeing anyone else come by in the next few minutes, and when I had a chance to look over my setup a few minutes later, the snake was gone. Well I was certain I had 9 of them that morning, and I had left one special one at home. I was also very certain I had brought along 8 of them and I counted 8 as I placed them onto the table at the show. I was almost 100% certain it was stolen, but I still figured I had better check at home after the show to see if my muddled middle aged memory had somehow forgotten it. Nope, it was not left behind at home! I was pretty miffed that another dealer would steal a snake, a cheap one at that. That is really about as low as you can go.