FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Jamaican Boas Breeding
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #201
cguarino30
Feeding update:

All holdbacks have been offered quail chicks. I'm not quite sure they're ready, but the chicks aren't considerably wider than some of the larger chick thighs, and the thighs have been becoming incrementally less obvious in the belly, so to speak. We will see if they elect to eat, but if not, they have all eaten every week for some time, so I'm not overly concerned about missing a week.

The three non-scented pinkie eaters were fed non-scented pinkies
The other nine pinkie eaters were fed chick head-scented pinkies
T3 was offered a f/t anole and a pinkie. Next week, perhaps, I will try the scented pinkie alone

Also, it appears that T1 ate two anoles last night. Clearly, T1 has eaten, but as for the idea of two (as opposed to just one), I have been checking daily and am certain there were three anoles in the cage yesterday, and this morning I can only find one. This was day three of the experiment, so it appears that they are willing to eat quite often. I will continue the experiment for a little while longer, but if this rate of consumption continues, I will likely stop soon, so as to prevent fatty liver disease, or other problems caused by overfeeding.

I will update tomorrow with feeding results.