FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ripped off by John Fick in Dundalk Md
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #30
CwnAnnwn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa View Post

After he sent me tracking info, there were several red flags that I was being scammed, which I'm willing to discuss in private. I don't want to teach anyone how to be a more effective scammer.
Not to be completely obtuse about this, but....

How does that work?

Most scammers require a person to be both naive and have lack of knowledge how they operate. Once someone sees the warning signs of a scam, they can back out.

Now the scammers are going to scam. They are going to learn from other scammers and they are going to do what it takes.

How is educating everyone about the red flags going to help the scammers but not the victims?

Or let me put it this way.

I notice that you left your wallet on the table as you leave to dump your tray at the cafeteria.

Do I say to you, you left your wallet or do I not say anything because it might inform a thief of the wallet?

Scammers are going to scam. The only thing victims can do is out their ways and means, so we can be better informed and guarded against them. Knowledge is power. Lack of knowledge just creates victims in my opinion. Or am I wrong?