FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #79
ladywhipple02
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
OK, how about a hypothetical question. What if someone (Emily or someone else) posted on the BOI that they purchased some snakes from Rich Z, and that they had had a fecal test performed 10 months after they received the animals which was positive for tapeworms, or coccidia or whatever. You can substitute the names David Barker, Bill Love, Ralph Davis or even Kelli H for Rich Z. Do you see where I am going with this? The direction this thread took would be sooo different than it is now. Most people (I am betting everyone) would be singing a different tune, and that tune would sound something like, "It's been almost ONE YEAR since you acquired those animals, and there is no way to prove that the parasites came from _________'s collection. How do we know that the parasites came from your own animals? You SAY that none of your other snakes have parasites, but how do we know you are telling the truth? How do we even know those are the same snakes?..." and Etc. The reason so many are taking the side of Emily is that they don't like Ed. I don't know if I like him or not, I don't know him, but many of the reactions to Emily's post seem a little bit hypocritical to me.

I'm sure that no one posting in this thread has ever had mites in their collection, and everyone posting in this thread practices strict quarantine procedures every time. Come on, let's be real here my friends...

Kelli,
Going back to the beginning of this thread, most people were saying EXACTLY that about Emily. But she has provided evidence and Ed has not.

I also feel that any of the names mentioned above would have posted clean bills of health as soon as there was an accusation... not said, well, "I'll check into it."

I, too, have no particular feelings towards Ed. I have never dealt with him, and never talked to him.