FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Mike Matson (Mike's Phat Frogs) sold me a WC snake as CB
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #85
jaggyinn
OP here. I don't comment that often because I have a job and a life that demands most of my attention. Looks like this thread brought up some history, which I don't mind at all.

Since the post has been derailed a bit, I'll post the facts regarding my transaction with Mike.

1. Mike sold me a sick animal. Her status aside she was heavily infested at the time of sale. This isn't even a point of contention.

2. Mike lied to me and said she was CB. It's 2 people's words against his.

3. At the show, I was honest regarding the snake being my first reptile. If, as Mike's supporters insist, he truly cares about his customers and is willing to tell them not to purchase WC/difficult animals, why didn't he tell me that. He didn't give me any indications that this might not be a good first snake to own. In fact...

4. I asked him if Madagascar Giant Hognoses are good as first snakes to keep, and he said yes. I asked him if she ate live or F/T, and he said only live. I remembered thinking feeding a non-constrictor live prey was a very strange idea. Good thing she refused the live pinky and only ate F/T.

I too find it a little funny, in a sad way, that someone who claims to own the frog business doesn't have $500 of liquid asset. I do hope he's not robbing Peter to pay Paul, so to speak. What goes around comes around.

I won't be commenting much on this thread anymore unless someone has specific questions for me. I've made my point, buried Skittles, and have moved on with my life.