FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Please read: Pending Lawsuit from Venomous Snake Bite
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 06:25 PM   #62
Mustangrde1
Vince

I actually know a couple 17 year olds that keep hots. I spoke to them both for some time before finding out how young they were. Now both in their 20s but when i first started speaking to them I would have sworn they were in their mid to late 30's Maturity level and Knowledge level were very high. 1 of then had actually been keeping since he was 12 years old. The parents were the Key in both these two kids lives and were there at all times with them being certain of safety. I spoke with the parents after finding out the kids ages and was very suprised to find out how in one of the cases it turned a d & f grade student in to a B grade student and changed his attitude around from being very disrespectful to very respectful. The other Parent said it guarented time together with their child and made for a stronger and better bond between them as a whole. Then again and I will say it again PARENTAL SUPERVISON AND SAFETY.

I liken this to my growing up. I was hunting with my family at a very young age 10 to be exact with a shotgun or rifle. It is very exceptable for a minor to hunt with a loaded firearm after taking a safety course and with adult supervision. We must remember our own youth in some cases and some of the things we took for granted others would have called crazy, insane, dangerous, life threatening. Anyone who started hunting at a young age did so with a gun or bow both very deadly weapons both in the hands of minors. Funny though how many of us lived. Then again I grew up in a time that parents and grandparents didnt work so many hours to keep up with the Jones and placed family higher then the dollar. Some days modern society really gets me down.

Granted I do not condone minors having hots but there are a few who can handle it with supervision. In this case though it was obviously not