FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Anyone have success breeding Prehensile Tailed Skinks?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #8
Kisha
Thanks Sherri, you're right I was desperately trying to figure out my pairs. Obviously I got them right! How wonderful for you to have such successful groups, I can only hope to have so many one day. My babies were both born in winter, one around the new year and one in February. I had no idea either female was gravid before the surprise. I hope I get the same treat next winter. I am having a bit of trouble with a pair of twins that I adopted a couple of years ago. They are being kept in the same enclosure with no others until I determine their sex (here we go again, right). One of them has been thriving and growing like a weed. The other has never been right, he(?) came to me with some shedding problems and lost a toe despite my best efforts and has always been under weight. Like I said they both have the same environmental conditions and the sister(?) has never had a problem shedding. I have checked both for parasites, clear, and both were with my other breeding pair before they started to mature. I have been trying different combinations of foods, probiotics, supplements and humidity levels and have only recently started to see some slight improvement. I even hand feed and water him every day to keep track of what is going in. It is just so strange for these twins to be so different in their needs. Any ideas? I have had him to my vet a few times, despite my vet never having seen a Prehensile Tailed Skink before in his life, obviously not very helpful. This guy is doing OK right now, but like I said before he has never been "right". All others (7) are thriving under my conditions, just not this guy.

Thanks, as always, in advance for any advice.

Kisha