FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - grapefruit seed extract , wormwood , parazap ?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 09:49 PM   #7
LadyGecko
I have been an avid parazap user for my Bearded Dragons for many years and have found it to be a wonderful product.
I have a dragon that is 3 rs. old today because of the use of it when she was a very small baby.
I like to give any new herp a course of parazap upon arrival and I dust their crickets and worms with it a couple times per year.
I have used acidophillus upon occasion and I am undecided as to the results of that -I certainly didn't observe any ill effects and think that it can safely be given in place of yogurt when giving antibiotics or meds that do strip the intestinal tract.
I do have a close friend that used acidophillus with a bearded dragon that she was having some problems with and she swore that was what stimulated her appetite and got her on her way back to good health.

Alternate meds have been around for a long time and while I do agree that there is no "Easy Fix" for any condition -many of these herbal meds do work on mammals and reptiles.
I think that they can be combined with the more traditional meds that are gotten from your vet.

A fecal exam is always the start of determinng what is wrong and
I am not endorsing nor encouraging the use of such herbal meds-just saying what has seemed to have worked for me in the past

Does anyone have any scientific literature in reguard to the flora and fauna that are present in the mid digestive area of reptiles as there is a great difference as to what is present in many animals in the mouth the gut and the vent areas ?

Sandy