FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Deadly Snakes Legally Sold Near Philly
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #9
Payara
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gecko geek View Post
I get your point Koshy, but it really is the responsibility of the buyer..There is common sense that some sellers have, like not selling something to someone that doesn't look or sound like they know how to properly care for an animal..but that's not the point here.

And when you made the comment, "In end, a car never kills anyone." you proved my point exactly. The dealer isn't at fault because you didn't do your research..I can understand if it's a mass recall but I'm talking about small things that could be avoided by buying a different car.

It's not the snake's fault that it is doing what it's instincts are..If you don't have any respect (some call it fear) for the animal, you WILL get bit. It's just a matter of time. It's all up to the buyer in this aspect..
I completely agree with you that people need to research the animal they plan on getting depending on if it's python or rattlesnake. But I think it's a joint effort between hobbyist and merchants. Both parties need to their part. I personally don't like Glades Reptiles so I might be a lil biased. Just my .02 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinNMpythons View Post
This maybe a stupid but I was cracking up when he said 24 states allow sells on venomous snakes and about 12 restrict sales........SO WE NOW HAVE 36 STATES!!! All in all I don't like the idea of "hots" I think it gives the crooked lawmakers more pull in banning snakes in general. It plays on that fear tactic which works on most people in America.
The other states to my knowledge prohibit sale of venomous snakes. I think venomous snakes are not for everyone. Just like reticulated pythons are not for all. You need to know your limits. But I do think their needs to be measures in order to provide regulation for the sale and ownership of hot snakes. Banning is not an option.