FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Shipping to be held for pickup?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
hhmoore
I have never used SYR, so I cannot comment on their policy....except to say that I thought residential shipping was allowed through them. If you post your question, and their response, perhaps we can offer some insight. (At the very least, I can run it by Robyn the next time I communicate with him.)

How to have a package held - if you are preparing the shipment online.
Starting from the main page, select Ship, then Find Location. Then look for the nearest FedEx staffed facility (that part is my preference - I avoid shipping to alternative ship centers or FedEx Office locations). Verify the location with your customer.
When you are setting up the shipment, on the right side of the page you will see the heading Special Services - click. A menu section will open, showing a few options - select Hold at Location. Another selection box will open, with a listing of the available locations (*Note - there is no distinction there about the type of facility - that's why you do that search first ) Select the agreed upon location.

I've never set up a shipment AT FedEx, using the paper form; but it's basically the same - minus the menu selections opening when you check boxes, lol.