FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
Thread: Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #2470
NathanKS
Some thoughts on the Trial Docs:
Really impressed that the judge kept this case on track and completed it in under a day.
I find it interesting the Jury asked what to do if they were split on the second motion and being told to come to agreement in the middle. I am curious what the figures being discussed were.
Ty filed a motion to delay the trial and apparently tried to mislead the Court that he hadn't known about his lawyer leaving him until the weekend before the Trial. Michelle's Lawyer referred to a phone call the previous Friday and also identified an email from June where he referenced the fact his lawyer had quit "last week" and was in the process of getting a new one.
Ty was interrupted in his opening statement and they had a bench conference. (should be expected with ty being pro se)
Ty tried to call witnesses not included on his witness list. Was denied.
Michelle's lawyer questioned Ty for 28 minutes, Ty questioned Michelle for 6.
At 2:55 Ty began an argument against Michelle's Lawyer's movement for a directed verdict on counts 2 and 3. A minute later, the Judge halted that argument for a bench conference lasting 16 minutes.

10/16: New documents were posted. The first was a motion to hold Ty in contempt of court for his failure to complete the Fact Information Sheet. That motion will be discussed along with the reimbursement of attorney's fees on 11/5/18 at 1:30pm.

Aside: Representing ones self pro se is dumb, misleading the court when opposing party has proof that contradicts your statements to the court, is dumber than dumb IMPO, I am surprised that Ty didn't get given court rebuke/ financial sanction.