FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I'm done
Thread: I'm done
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 05:26 AM   #64
R. Eventide
Been there, done that, will probably do it again (part-time masochist, part-time "never follow my own rules"). We should band together and create a hermit community! Oh, wait....

But yes, people stink. On so many levels. Recently, I've been doing the cynical "expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed" thing, and I have to say, it doesn't work too badly! Plus, when people do something decent, you're pleasantly surprised! Granted, it doesn't happen often, but hey, I'll take what I can get....

I have a similar friend. She has health issues, and I would help her several times a week when she would pass out and not be able to get to bed. Like you, I don't expect anything in return. I mean, that's the point of helping people, isn't it? We were very close friends for over a year. But then my schedule got crazy, and she's a morning person while I sleep in and work late. It's kinda hard to get together when she falls asleep at 10:00 pm, and I'm up so late I don't get home from work until about 8:00 pm. Anyway, she's been all depressed recently that "no one" ever wants to have anything to do with her. No, I haven't called and asked if she wanted to hang out in a long time, but phones go both ways!!!! Lonely? Want to hang out with someone? How about instead of whining about it on your blog, you CALL PEOPLE and ASK THEM to hang out? This isn't rocket science!

So...yeah. Is there room for one more in the Hermit Club?