FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #69
sally-dog
I'm probably among those counted as "mean" people, but there is a right way to do things and there is a wrong way. Thing is, you should have stopped a year ago when that first snake died having the necropsy report it did.

Ashley, I think you have good intentions, I know you love and are proud of your animals, but from the way I and many others see it, you got in over your head too quickly with the whole selling/breeding thing. The more that came in, the higher the probability of this type of scenario happening. You really have acquired a lot of animals in a short period of time without proper quarantine. You can't dispute that fact, as you've left a huge trail of breadcrumbs on RTB to prove that you didn't. If you had closed everything off after the necropsy on the BCL, and not sold anything at all, then you wouldn't be questioned at all. IBD and other suspected viral disease can take years to progress through an entire collection, as evidenced by Adrya.

The issue with Yvonne (she needs to test her animals as well), you sharing some personal details of your life on RTB and other forums all compounded at once and this is where we are now. I think if you were more discreet about what you posted on forums, acquired animals more slowly and quarantined them properly, you wouldn't have everyone jumping on you.

As for your friends defending you, that's honorable and considerate of them. I guess don't have many friends because I will point out when my friends make mistakes. Sometimes it's harsh but in the long run, no one learns or gains anything. I have had friends tell me I messed up badly. It hurt, and I grew from it.

This could very well be an isolated incident, but it will take a LONG time and a lot of testing to know for sure. This is an EXPENSIVE hobby. Not just animals, food, and caging, but for stuff like this as well.