FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Petco: Who Breeds for them?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 02:06 PM   #25
ShannanD25
Good point Kelli!

Petco does by from huge breeders. To me, huge breeders have less time to pay attention to their critters while a not as huge breeder or small breeder has the time to spend on the care of the critters. These huge breeders do it for the money and all that matters is the numbers. But to me, personally, I do it cause I love the little critters....except when they bite

However, at least Petco(depending on management and staff) provides a very clean and *almost* proper setup to give the guys a chance. I'd say Petco is your best choice out of Petstores but your overall best choice is to buy from a reputable breeder. It is true, you don't know the conditions their Leos are raised in. But a picture tells a thousand words, and so does one's reputation. IF you are worried that what you see is not what you are going to get ask the Breeder to send you a picture of the Leo on today's newspaper(so you know it is current by looking at the date). An unhealthy Leo is going to be obvious, or look up their name on the BOI. Ask around.

No Breeder is perfect.I'm not. But what matters most is their love of their hobby, not the love of the money and numbers....