FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - First bite: new habit, or bad day?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
Ndecent240
Question First bite: new habit, or bad day?

Well, my burmese got me for the first time this morning. He is in a 55 gallon tank that has an extension on top as his hide box. He was in the hide box and I went to get him out. I did the normal rubbing down his head and back to let him know that I was getting him out, and he latched onto my forearm. I just let him hang on until he let go, and he did in about 20 seconds. He just stayed curled up around the edge for a minute, then slid back in his box. Is this something that he may start doing all the time, or is it normal for burmese to act out once in a while? I've had red-tail boas my whole life, and been bit a few times, but it was always something that I did carelessly like having a rat smell on my hands, or waking them or something like that. This time, I think I was proper in everything. I should also mention that I don't feed him in his tank, I put him in a large Rubbermaid container to feed so that he won't associate hands with food. He hasn't been handled in about two weeks, but he has gone that long before, and been fine when I got him out again. He is about 5 ft, around a year old, and ate about a week and a half ago. He is always very alert, and quick moving. When any of us are near his tank, he is constantly moving around watching us. Does he sound normal overall, or should I change some habits?