FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The difference between the beauties
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #4
Blue Gorgon
I'm not real familiar with Chinese beauties, but my guess is they're a locality of elaphe taenura rather than a group in their own right... Blues and Taiwanese are extremely similar both in care and size, beautiful snakes and absolute sweethearts so long as they get a lot of care and attention when they're young. My female blue is a doll, love her to death, and I'm working with my male to calm him down. I think the vicious reputation is ill earned, and they're just nervous babies who will grow up into nervous adults without regular handling and TLC. And like was mentioned above, they're up and about during the day, and a humid hide/soaking area is much appreciated by these snakes!

Blues are my all time favorite, which is why I've set up www.bluegorgon.com and plan on focusing my breeding efforts on this gorgeous species. There's a caresheet on the site. Ma-tsu is my angel girl, so much personality and very active curious snakes! Here's some good adult size references for you. They're a handful, but well worth it! My brother here is over 6ft tall and I'm about 5'7 to give you an idea. Pics really don't do them justice though, the flash washes out the blue.

I don't recommend trying this with any snake, but I know and trust Ma-tsu really well, and I think this pic demonstrates how docile they can be. Our 8ft+ diva.

Hope that helps, and good luck! Also, beautiful babies you have there! I love blue eyed leucys!