FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - almost sold on the argentine B&W
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
skinwrappedbox
almost sold on the argentine B&W

Long story short I'm a bit smitten and have the number of a woman i met at a recent reptile show who has a few babies. I just have a few questions that would push me to go through with it or not.

what i was looking for:
1) a pet. i really dont have any interest in breeding anything other than various geckos, balls, and corns.
2) something that would become tame and could handle attention and fawning over. something that could handle at least 15-20 minutes per day in handling
3) something kinda.. well the exact same size of that Argentine Black and White. he/she was perfect. all the pictures i see of people holding them. they're like really really weird cats. i love it.

what i want to know:
1) other than avoiding food aggression, do they seem to enjoy handling, will they not mind it? does anyone have a few examples of the 'pet' quality tameness of their B&Ws?
2) what am i looking at in terms of food bills. i've read a few of the care sheets and i have an idea of their diet, but what do you tend to spend in terms of food?
3) females do tend to be a shy bit smaller than males? or am i misreading?
4) does anyone keep their adults inside? i think i could wrangle a good 6x3x3 enclosure for inside but want to know if anyone else does it.
5) are those gorgeous white-mouthed/headed/faced B&Ws the same but sort of just a different.. 'morph' if that would even be the proper term here?

if i do decide to go with one, is their a gender i should really aim for since i'd be a first time owner?

sorry about all the questions and its a bit hard for me to kind of .. articulate what else i need to know about them. i wouldnt want to buy an animal and not just be 100% about them. i figured i could post here and inquire as well as later on this afternoon i'll get back in contact with the breeder.

any additional caresheets would be greatly appreciated. i have Varnyard's and another i copy-pasted from a website, but id love any additional information.

i mean im almost just totally sold. i just want to make sure i'd be the right owner for one of these awesome looking guys

thanks so much
Ansli