FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Woman found dead in home with snake around her neck
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #9
Herpin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Yep, you can have 5 million competent keepers and 1 moron to that makes the 5 million look incompetent.
I won't go quite so far as to call her a moron. An accident, or poor judgement might be more accurate. We don't know exactly how it happened, but I'll readily admit to having handled snakes of that size, and larger, while alone. Maybe that was a mistake on my part, but I'm sure there are many other keepers who have done the same.
But it's disappointing to see how the general public views us as weirdos, idiots, how she got what she deserved, and the number of people who think that keeping "exotics" should be totally banned. Maybe someday it will be- and for no valid reason, other than so many people simply don't understand it, therefore they oppose it.
This happens every time something newsworthy happens in the herp keeping world. I know I shouldn't waste my time on the comments section, but I can't help myself.