FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - New Pennsylvania Super Shows!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 03:55 AM   #49
Goombas Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRC30 View Post
Mike,
The vendors most certainly do not take a backseat whatsoever, nor does the list when it comes to adding attendees to the list. Let me be clear... When a vendor signs up for the show, they are added to the list very quickly. It's the vendor's name REMOVAL part is what will take a back seat because some end up signing up late and Marty knows which one's typically wait and which ones are early. Here's an example: about a week or so ago Marty asked me to remove several names from the list due to dead links or whatever. The very next day, several new signups came in and one of those was a signup from one of the vendor's I just deleted the day before! So, it's a bit of a balancing act. The only way to keep an absolutely accurate list would be to delete all of the vendors after each show and then add them as they sign up. This will not make the vendors happy and it will also create a lot of work when most of the vendors sign up for every show anyway... and many sign up at the last minute, which makes running things even more difficult. Maybe one day we'll have to delete all vendors after each show and add them as they sign up... who knows.

As this show progresses throughout the year, the vendor's list will settle down again and be very accurate because the majority of the same vendors will attend the show every time. And once they see how nice these new venues are, they'll want to sign up early to get "prime" real estate!

I'm glad you're looking forward to the show... I am too. The best parts for me are more room, and the air conditioning. (Clean bathrooms are a bonus too.)

I'm a bit confused so please bear with me. I have been trying to get a table at the last few shows but no matter when I inquire, they all seem to be taken up. Even the website usually always says there are no spaces available. If I read this post correctly, there are spots held for vendors that "normally" rent spaces but might not have necessarily signed up yet so they remain on the vendor list? Also, I have noticed a few times that there are vendors at the shows that are not on the list. Are they last minute additions? How would somebody be able to be notified if there were spaces available last minute? With all the new venues, I would really like to get in at some point.