FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ed Clark, again
Thread: Bad Guy Ed Clark, again
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
HyderHouseHerps
I saw you ask about the parents genetics, was this question ever addressed?

The way his email responses are pasted here are a little confusing to me. It appears there's a reply to your email 1/16 about the parasites, and working with you about the missexed one. But on the 17th which is the very next day, you threaten him with small claims court. While I understand you're frustration, that's a little hasty. I try to give folks 24-48 hours to respond especially on the weekends.
It doesn't sound like he did anything innappropriate in the way he shipped them, just a shipping mishap. I personally would probably offer a partial refund, but you both should've known the risks to shipping in the winter even with a reputable carrier. The resulting URI should definitely fall under a health guarantee, if there was one. Did you send him copies of the receipts/bills from the vet for that? As far as parasites are concerned, they don't always shed, so even if he did routine fecals on his collection he may not have found them. Also like he stated, they can come from rodents being fed to them, which means they may not have even been present until that last meal. However, I think parasites should also fall under a health guarantee if the animals was born in his facility and wasn't sold as wild caught. Just my opinion on that one.
I hope you can come to some resolution... he sounded like he wanted to make right on the replies you got up until the 16th. He will probably want the animal returned before offering a full refund though.