FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - dumb ATB - anybody had this happen?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
hhmoore
dumb ATB - anybody had this happen?

I know that ATBs spend more time on the ground than their name implies, and I have witnessed this in my own collection (with certain individuals doing it more than others). This however is a new one for me. I have 1 that curls up inside her water bowl. before anyone says it, it isn't due to a humidity deficit - she is kept exactly the same way as the other 14 ATBs, (pretty much the same as my ETBs). I usually just leave a smaller bowl in with her to avoid this; as once she goes in, she stays in. well, I put one in that was big enough for her to get into, and she did...and she stayed there. things were kinda hectic, and she looked fine (and I know she does this) so I left her there. after 5 days - feeding day- I pulled her out. she had a few big white blisters, presumably where she was contacting the bowl the hardest - one on the side of her head, and 3 on her body. kept her dry for 4 days, just raking the mulch around to keep humidity halfway decent. then I ended up piercing the blisters and swabbing with virosol. she's eating, and almost good as new...just not very bright. so much for those people that always claim that snakes will do what is best for them.