FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - About the Good Guy Certification Program
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #52
joshjtd
I guess I would first want to make sure that my understanding in the overall goal of the program is was correct. When I applied, I wanted it to do two things really. First beings as a way for folks of this site as well as anyone who ordered from me directly, had a place to view and leave feedback. Since you have to be a contributor to vote, that narrowed down that idea a bit.

The second was for folks not familiar with Fauna would have the opportunity to come poke around a bit and see what it is about. If I didn't have what they wanted, perhaps they could find someone here who did. Having a place to answer their questions and what not also.

I think that most of the more recent folks, take the trader rating as what they base their "buying comfortability" on. While I do think it is a handy tool, I have asked customers to please leave feedback, good bad or ugly. Sadly, they rarely follow through.

Thinking out loud here, and I am sure that much of this is easier said than done, when a seller lists an ad and finds a buyer here on Fauna, have some form that is sent to both parties. If that seller has a GGC post, have that as well as the trader ranking link in the form. I am just trying to get a more "in your face" approach to bringing awareness to the GGC.

I do think you are right Harald that many folks have gotten away from the business for one reason or another. I also think many of the newer folks aren't aware that the GGC even exists. Perhaps instead of a button a sticky post with a link to GGC forum on each classified section?