FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wanted CRESTED GECKOS
Thread: Wanted CRESTED GECKOS
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #22
herp_huggs
I understand the yellow and brown making the olivey color, but that's not what I'm talking about... My gecko (Seven is her name lol) is green. Not olive, or buckskin, just green. I've seen her turn gray one time (I had just moved and she was afraid of her new surroundings, it lasted about a day). She's fired all the way up to a very dark brown, but only a couple times. She usually starts to fire, gets to a darker shade of green then stops about there. This stuff is a little confusing, but I think right now we're just splitting hairs... I wish I had a way to post pics of exactly what I'm talking about, but I don't have a computer (my cell won't post pics here lol) and don't know when I'll have access to one. If you go to pangea and look at their projects link, you will see a "green flame" project. (As someone else already mentioned). Seven looks pretty much identical to the gecko they have pictured... She's also, not a buckskin and not an olive. And also, the thing about calling the animal by its "fired color" seems unfair to me... some of mine are fired up almost always (at least when interacting) and some are always fired down (including Seven) so I've always tended to call them by however they spend most of their time... I'm sure that's very debatable because I've seen conflicting views, but if I was selling one of my animals, I'd make sure to clarify their up/down firing... Which I believe would solve any issues with color confusion. For instance, if I was selling seven, I'd probably say she's "light green/blonde flame that fires up to either dark green or brown (the latter only a couple times ever)... does that make sense? Lol
I also don't agree with the whole, can't call it green because there's no green or blue or purple pigment... whatever magically happens to the cresty to make it green, definitely works... If my eyes are playing tricks on me, than so are everyone else's. So if a green cresty happens to be yellow with some other magical color green producing color (not blue, green or purple), but every person that's ever looked at it has said "wow, what a pretty green color" then dang it, that's a "green cresty" or maybe I have some sort of optical illusion cresty....:-P