FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Carolina Reptile Exchange
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
jwpdcp
Carolina Reptile Exchange

About three weeks ago I made a deal with Carolina Reptile Exchange. This is just a beware message. I have wanted some Gaboon Vipers since I was a kid. Well I had been trying to sell my lavender phase albino retic. They came across it and said they would do a cash deal or a trade. I saw that they had some good sized gaboons. So I said that I would trade them my male retic for a reverse trio of the gaboons. My son boxed and shipped the order. But he screwed up, instead of shipping my 10’ 25 Lb male. He shipped my 8’ 12lb purple phase female. (he is in deep s--t!) An awesome snake. I contacted them and tried to correct the matter I told them I would pay shipping both ways since it was my mistake. They said that the snake that they got was a male. No way! She had been probed, and Bob Clark sold her to me as a female, a year ago. They will not answer my emails, they will not return phone calls. I just think that is bad. I addition, the Gaboons that they sent were 2 days late, it took me 4 days for them to tell me which one was the female, and they were not the snakes that they sent photos of, nor or they as large as they said they were. So be careful if you deal with them. As far as me, guess I will just have to bite the bullet on this, and chalk it up as a learning experience.

John