FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you a LURKER?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #54
King of Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsirkle
I too have reptile experience that can be counted in months rather than years. I retired a year ago and keeping reptiles is something that I have started doing in this new phase of my life. Posting on forums is new to me as well and I havn't known quite how to proceed. I have done a lot of lurking and reading of old threads. I guess that it's time to come out and risk getting kicked in the teeth now and then.
For me, deciding to register here and the anxiety I felt was more about how far I'd come in such a short space of time. I went from having no herps at all to having a near menagerie in a few months. I'm hugely lucky in the sense that the guy who owns my local reptile shop has also become a dear friend. I've also been introduced to a tightly knit orbit of fantastic people. Despite their various backgrounds they have two things in common; they're all fantastic people and they all love their animals dearly.

Fauna, as with my local forum seems to have the same mix of people. Owing to the greater numbers there's a slightly higher degree of anonymity granted to newbies and their visibility tends to relate entirely how much they post and what they say when they do. All I can say is I'm glad I did.