FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #183
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66 View Post
is it possible that the IBD came from her collection or from not properly quarantining her snakes?.
YES

I HAVE asked Ashley, since her "opinion" on the IBD report changed to doubting the presence of IBD,
"WHY was there no follow-up on the Bad Guy thread against the seller??"

Her reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakara
And I can't "clear" someone, meaning Dean, who has sold other people sick snakes, most around the same time that I received the BCL... So IF the BCL had IBD, then what about those other people's snakes? including a breeder of blood pythons... Are you going to bring those ppl into this as well?
Actually, by accusing Dean initially, SHE brought them in..but whatever.

Quote:
the 4 snakes that died....

1) The BCL, which you all know...

2) A yearling Jampea that I had received from an ex member on RTB that died from starvation... The animal was at least a year old and was the size of a hatchling... I don't know when the last time that animal had been fed before I got her...
So an animal with a questionable background..
Was the owner just not feeding them?? or was it sick and not eating??

Quote:
A boa who died from a Pyrometra which is a uterine infection after she became gravid by Yvonne's double het snow, Moose... I'm not blaming it on either snake, it happens in mammals as well... But so you know, that same animal is the future daddy to her moonglow litter by Lola, her triple het, IF you care to know...
It IS HIGHLY rare in snakes. It's not REAL common in dogs, but not unheard of. Again, IBD COULD have played a role in this snake's death. Yvonne's been notified of the potential, but I have no idea what her plans are right now. If I get wind she's selling snakes I'll point out there's testing needed since Ashley has posted info suggesting IBD, poor QT and mites.

Quote:
The last was my burmese python who died from liver and kidney failure which the toxicologist said was probably from prior starvation... She was at least 4 years old and hardly 10ft. The previous owner I got her from fed her "conservatively" so I have no idea what he fed her and how often... I owned her for over a year before she passed
Again...starvation? or anorexia? Questionable background of a snake and it's health.
This is the first we heard of "starvation" being the cause of death here. I believe this is the same snake that had chlamydia present as well, if my memory serves me right. I'm too tired to look back.

I agree Hank, IBD could have come in anywhere, and it could still be a factor in the above deaths.

IBD tests were not performed on ALL the deceased snakes, so there's no way to say whether it was actually present, subclinical, or non-existant.

Ashley has represented herself as a reputable snake breeder, who only has quality animals, and just from the above statements regarding the Retic & Burm, that is NOT true.