FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 08 Snow, Anery & Amel Corn Snakes
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
DreamDrownedAtHotmail
Exclamation i'm confused about their genetics.. please help

i'm interested in them, but not sure about their genetics.. was the father a normal male that was het for blizzard, or something else perhaps? because all of my genetics calculators say that if you have a normal male and a blizzard female, you get ALL normal babies that are only HET for blizzard. also, if the father IS het for blizzard, then the babies would be amels, anery "B" (charcoal), and blizzards.. no snows. and if the father was normal het for snow and the mother was a blizzard, then there wouldn't be any anery babies, since the snow is anery "A" and the blizzard is anery "B" and therefor wouldn't be passed on in homozygous form, so the babies would just be HET for anery "B" and/or "A". since i can't figure out how you got snows, amels and anerys from a normal and a blizzard mating, then i don't know if the babies have any anery "B" (charcoal) or blizzard hets.. can you please help me? i just thought i'd ask before purchasing. either way though, they're beautiful snakes and not bad prices, just wanted to know what hets they had and maybe i could also learn something new about breeding blizzards and maybe even learn something new about hets that i didn't know before, as i don't know much about co-dominant and dominant genes, etc... other than what calculators tell me and what i read in forums. thanks for the help