FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Kevin Smith - oreganus@hotmail
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 08:22 PM   #84
snakegetters
Re: There you go again.....

Quote:
Originally posted by oreganus

If I have ever sold a "botched" venomoid, you go ahead and show the proof, surely there would be proof by now.
You mean other than the thread I already posted? Ray, did that botched Papuan black snake come from Kevin, or was that a Rich Richey hack job?

Quote:
The venomoids I sell are 100%, not 99%, but 100%. The person you are claiming as proof is exactly as his username implied, SHADY.
Everyone who complains about Kevin's illegal dealings is of course "shady". It's funny how many "shady" people there are on the BOI complaining about you. LOL But of course you can explain them all away as liars, while you're always telling the unvarnished truth.

Quote:
You also claim there are instances of "verified re-fissuring " with snakes that came from me, go ahead, show us all proof of this happening.
The circumstances under which I will be glad to show proof are outlined on my web page. I have discussed this subject at length with several well known, well published and respected reptile veterinarians. It would not be courteous or professional to drag their names into a venomoid flamewar. I'd like to make sure that these doctors remain willing to talk to me, and causing them that degree of annoyance isn't the way to do it.

What I will be glad to do is share their contact information with your veterinarian, so that your veterinarian may have a professional dialogue with these other doctors who will verify that they have seen these things firsthand. If your veterinarian knows anything about reptile medicine, reads any of the reptile medicine journals, etc, he or she will recognize these names immediately and already know how to contact them.

I welcome contact from any licensed veterinarian and I will provide professional references. Those references will positively convince any veterinarian that re-fissuring in ductectomy is a known occurrence documented by knowledgeable and respected researchers.

Quote:
On top of that, didn't you post some outrageous claim about your "vet" not being able to distinguish the muscle tissue from the venom ducts in a snake??
After opening and exploring the heads of a dead viper and a dead elapid, my veterinarian stated that he had difficulty distinguishing the gland tissue from a muscle structure located near the base of the fang that was similar in appearance and texture. He further stated that cutting or removing this muscle could make it more difficult for the snake to achieve voluntary contracture in this area, and consequently the snake might not be able to reliably express venom from the gland for some time.

Quote:
Everyone calls for proof all the time on here, so go ahead, show us all proof that I sell less that 100% venomoids and you have vet documents to back up regeneration or refissuring in snakes that came from me.
Quite cheerfully will I share proof with any licensed veterinarian who contacts me. I encourage them to do so. In fact I offer the additional bonus of a free manual on the safe restraint of venomous and dangerous snakes to any veterinarian who would like to contact me to get these professional references.

What I won't do is let the idly curious tie up any of these veterinarians' office phones with questions about venomoids. You need to have a client-patient relationship with a veterinarian before he or she can reasonably be expected to take the time to answer your questions. So if you have a client-patient relationship with a veterinarian, you may encourage that vet to contact me. I will facilitate a professional vet to vet dialogue for them with some of the well known names in reptile medicine who can verify what I have said about venomoids.

I feel that this is a reasonable and professional way to provide proof to anyone who is interested enough to discuss this matter with their veterinarian.