FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Michigan state law issues
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 02:10 AM   #11
sirenofthestorm
Stop! MI Senate Bill 228

I recently became aware of Senate Bill 228 amending the Animal Industry Act (1988)

I found Section 31 to be relevant. Here is a link to the bill in txt format.

http://www.michiganlegislature.org/d...3-SIB-0228.htm

Currently the bill is in committee where it will hopefully be pigeon-holed. Its sponsors are Senators Sanborn (District 11), Hammerstrom (District 17), Birkholz (District 24), Jacobs (District 14), Goshka (District 32), Cropsey (District 33), and Sikkema (District 28). I'm on the south side of GR, and I'll be moving to ypsi for the fall, so none of my representatives are involved in supporting this bill. However I plan on sending letters to each of the senators supporting the bill to let them know exactly how I feel about it.

The Committee bill 228 was referred to was Natural Resources & Environmental Affairs, Chaired by Senator Birkholz, vice-chaired by Patterson, Van Woerkom, Brater, and Basham are also on the committee.

Please, watch this bill carefully and don't let it get out of committee. We can exercise our power as voters and let our senators know that this bill doesn't have the support of their constituents. Thanks for readin the long thread.

-Whitney Scott