FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - For Sale Arboreal Cages and others available- Cincinnati, OH, very friendly prices!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
utah024
Arboreal Cages and others available- Cincinnati, OH, very friendly prices!

I am in the process of selling of my collection and need to also get rid of the cages. I am located in Cincinnati, Ohio, and since shipping cages is prohibitively expensive, I can only sell locally. I am not looking to make much; I made these cages myself and know that they could be put to good use by someone instead of staying in my storage or going in the trash.

1) Arboreal cages. I have two available, which I had been using for Green Tree Pythons--but they could be used for pretty much anything. I had them outfitted with regular under cabinet fluorescent lighting and ProHeat 30 watt panels-- still have one heat panel and light combination available for an additional $60. The cages are made of ply wood with an attractive plastic liner and a plexi-glass front. The doors have regular hinges. I would reccommend these cages for anything but small snakes and lizards--because the doors open on one hinge, there is a very small chance that something could squeeze through. The larger cage is $40, the smaller one I will let go for $30:

2) Double multi-layered cage for ground dwelling snakes. This cage actually has two separate cages, each with two levels. The top level I used as the display area, with sandstone and sand. A PVC pipe provides access to the bottom one, where I put the heat pads, water, and a paper towel bedding. I used this cage for Mexican Milksnakes, and it worked wonderfully, as these snakes are shy and like to hide--in this way I could still observe them when they were in hiding, but the design also effectively doubles the available area for the snakes. I would reccommend this for medium to large kingsnakes, milksnakes, ratsnakes and other ground-dwelling species. I painted it with what I had available but really think it would be better in a darker color- up to you, the buyer. The complete unit of two cages is available for $30. I will throw in the heat pads if desired, but they are well-used.

3) I also have the Critter Keeper (seen above the cages in this picture), with cork bark, water bowl, and a nicer Cobra heating unit, for $10.

4) A regular 55 gallon black tank and stand without lid, $50.

Let me know if you have any questions! I can and will make deals for anyone who buys several items form me! Thank you for your interest! Any inquiries, please send me a private message, as I am unlikely to be able to check all of my threads consistently to answer questions posted there. Thanks!