FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Emergency help needed - leopard gecko
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
secret_shad0w
Unhappy Emergency help needed - leopard gecko

My leopard gecko is five months old. She has never had what I have been told are normal eating habits, but she remained healthy. Until a few weeks ago. She has been refusing to eat crickets, and up until tonight she would still eat mealworms. However, tonight she refused to eat at all. She is deathly skinny - you can see her pelvic bones in the back near her tail (which is as skinny as that of a mouse.) She is also extremely lethargic. She will not move unless prodded, and she will barely open her eyes even when moving. The only positive sign is that she is still drinking water... but only when I goaded her into moving over by her water dish. Unless I remove her hiding place she will not come out. My father refuses to allow me to take her to the vet, as he doesn't think she is worth the 50 or more dollars. I'm so worried, I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong and how to get her to eat? Is there any way to put nutritional supplements in her water? I'm afraid to go to sleep as I'm terrified that she will die while I'm sleeping.

Please, help me.