FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #166
Elizabethlea27
Ashley Caspillo IBD

Hi, I feel it's time I enter this thread. My name is Elizabeth lea Vos, and Ashley sold me two '10 Bolivian boas just before this whole issue came to light. About a week after they were shipped to my house, I saw information in regards to IBD in Ashley's collection. Before that I was not aware of the incident, AT ALL, and if I had been I would not have bought her snakes.

I trusted Ashley completely at the time this first came to light, so much so that I was completely on her side, in PM's and in public. However as a few days passed and I read fauna threads and got more factual information, I realized I was in deep water with my snakes, and there was no getting out. I cannot know if my snakes have IBD, I will have the ones she sent me tested (blood tests) in January, and if they come back clear they will have liver biopsies. I also closed my collection as soon as I heard the word IBD, no matter what I felt about Ashley - I have abandoned plans I had to buy a pair of hog islands next year, and all future breeding plans. I have young boas, so it's not like I had imminent projects, but it is still wrecking my every day functioning as I have no idea if they are going to need to be put down or not, and that breaks my heart. I try not to get mad at Ashley acting like it is business as usual on RTB.net while I have no idea what the future is for my boas, but there is nothing I can do.

Here is a pm from me to Ashley sent once I realized things were really not right, and her response...

There was this was said by Ashley the other day on RTB.net, showing that she is not really taking things seriously IMO, and still planning on collecting?? My plans are to hope my snakes don't die in the next two years, not plan what I can buy.

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/gia...tml#post867085

"that is the NICEST jungle tic I have ever seen. WOW! gimme like 6 years and I should have some "

This is my first post on fauna and the BOI, I hope I've done everything up to standard, and if I have not please let me know how to fix it.

I want you to know I realize I am wrecking any future reputation I could have tried to protect by hiding away, taking my losses, letting the fiasco fade, and not posting. But this whole situation deserves serious attention IMO, and if I can never breed because of IBD, then that has already been determined..

Thanks for listening.