FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Eastern DiamondBack Rattlesnake's
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #61
54bogger
WARNING; HANDLING VENOMOUS SNAKE'S IS DANGEROUS!!!

Conclusion;

I hope what I've posted here helps people understand just alittle about what took place before I took a pic with my rattler's. What I've posted is not meant as a "how to tame a rattlesnake" guide but to show the time,effort,patience and not to mention love for the animal that this process take's.
I live in the country where there's a lot of hunting around my community and the over all consensus is rattlesnakes should all be killed on site. I've known people to go out of their way to kill a rattlesnake! This is because like me this is what they were taught all their lives, I'm doing my best to change that mindset but it's tuff! Some may wonder why would I put myself at risk, one reason is where I live in S.C the Eastern Diamondback is slowly disappearing. This snake is very special
1. It's the largest rattlesnake species in the world.
2. It's the most venomous snake in the U.S
3. It's only native to 7 states in the U.S and no place else in the world!
The 7 states are N.C, S.C, GA, FLA, ALA, MISS, LA. ( It's believed that their already extinct in LA.)
4. The Eastern Diamondback is listed in the Guinness book of world records as the heaviest venomous snake.
I hope to maybe in some way get someone to see that they aren't MONSTER'S and stop this killing on site, if one Eastern Diamondback is saved because of what I do then for ME the risk is well worth it. Thank's