FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Mangrove Monitor Health Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 06:00 AM   #7
s4sainz
This sounds a bit fishy, I would definately steer away from this transaction, it just doesnt seem worth the troubles in the long run.

I agree with christine

" This is a species that adult size is 3.5 - 4 foot so being two foot adults is REALLY tiny.

What I'm more then willing to bet is going on is these animals are indeed young and mistreated or they're adults who've been severely stunted by being kept in and extremely tiny cage for a really long time. "

I have had both adults and hatchlings v. indicus, and theese varanids are no joke, they are very very active alert monitors, and can get quite large in no time. They should be alot larger than 2ft at 2 yrs old, they should be full grown or almost. males reach sexual maturity quicker than females, so they should be seperated at once, male monitors are typically very aggressive breeders. Theese guys need a very large arboreal cage, they can become quite robust. It's obvious theese guys are being kept in horrible conditions, and will only cost you in the long run. I say its just too much hassle