FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - New to Venomous
Thread: New to Venomous
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 09:53 PM   #7
Mustangrde1
Despite what any person may give you based on information you provide first thing is YOU have to be comfortable with your choice. If your asking for help and advice then its not time for those species.

I say this not to be rude or keep you from ever purchasing one. It is something that a person has to be honest inside with themselves about. Easterns and Gaboons are certainly not two hots i would ever say are good first hots. I have worked with both and even with easterns they do not always warn before a strike.

My best advice is locate people who have the species you wish to own. Work with these people for a few months or longer and learn first hand about them. It is a simple safety measure for yourself and the snakes health and well being.

We have a life time to keep the animals we love. So why not take a few months of that life to learn about them hands on for ours and theirs quality of life.

Both Gregg and Taniths sites are great places to read info on them i deffinately suggest both sites to all.