FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Bad experience with Backwater Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #33
SophieD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weda737 View Post
I understand your issue, but I would like to say I have always had good experience with them. They are not my first choice as they are not breeders but any time I had an issue they were friendly and helpful. I placed an order for something that they were out of stock as well, we talked in emails about it and just put the money toward an older boa instead of the baby I originally ordered. It was all smooth and hassle free otherwise. I was told by Sam that they update their site on Fridays.
To start with, I would not compromise about my choice just because they are out of stock. If they are out of stock, their website should reflect that, so they won't mislead their customers. Keeping down costs is not an excuse, nor should it be a substitute for quality.
They too offered me an adult snake instead. But the entire purpose of my purchase was to buy a baby snake and see it grow, make it bond with me when very young. Why should I compromise and pay for the vendor's mistake?
They may have been nice to you, but you didn't get what you paid for. I am sure that you chose a baby in the first place for a reason.
Updating their site on Fridays? What about the countless people who unsuspectingly pay for a product that isn't there then have their money blocked for 5 -6 days? Any respectable vendor would make sure that no such inconvenience occurs. One that is not respectable will care more for their pockets, and won't give a damn about the inconvenience and frustration of their customers. They will just keep deleting the bad reviews, when they can, and go on with selling unavailable products to other customers.