FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wanting more herps. Went to a Repticon here in dallas/ennis today...
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
lorelai
Wanting more herps. Went to a Repticon here in dallas/ennis today...

My man & I left with nothing. I refused to purchase any animals because I saw that Repticon allows non-CB (wildcaught?) & that just seems so damn risky to me. Even if I bought a CB I'd still be terrified it caught some sort of illness just from being out & about at the show. Paranoid? Yeah, I am. I did really enjoy the show though. I must have gone to the S&S Exotics table three times because they had such awesome lil critters & the salesman there was so nice.

Anyways, I don't know what to get next. I just restarted my collection after a 3 year break. I currently only have 2 bearded dragons (normals) & a male boa constrictor (hypo jungle het albino). I'm thinking a female hypo boa, pastel ball python, 2 citrus bearded dragons, white trees frogs, &... ???

Now here's my dilemma. There's not many shows/expos this year & the only near by exotic pet shop has jerky employees that I refuse to give business to. So I'll have to order online. I've never had an animal shipped to me... it is a huge risk to their health? I'm worried the stress would kill them. But then again, I'm paranoid. I'm not really worried about getting scammed because I'll do my homework first. It's just the health hazard that's making me uneasy.

Tell me what experiences y'all have had with having reptiles shipped? Good or bad.