FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #181
Python Dreams
The thing that really caught my attention was that the snake was stuck to the bag as if he was biting it! The first thing I thought was that snake just got too hot! Then reading the details of shipping...

A few years back I had a YB Ball Python with some stuck shed and I thought I would put him in my sink to soak a bit. I was cleaning cages and had the water running for awhile and thought everything was cool, so I put him in the sink. I looked in after a minute and he was trying to get out of the sink, but they always do. I left for another minute and came back and the snake was under water with a full open mouth rattle snake looking bite onto his own side! I went to grab him and the water had to be around 105-110 degrees (maybe more). His neck and head felt stiff, so I continued to massage him off and on for about an hour and a half... Then his mouth finally closed and he died. I really hate even thinking how I cooked the little guy and it truthfully bothers me recounting the story. But... It tells me that this snake was more-than-likely cooked! Add to that 2 heat packs, during the warm temps, and the fact that the SELLER shipped in a manner that had a snake in a box all day (a very warm day).

I personally would refund him the money and be done with the situation. Its pretty obvious why that snake is dead! A legit response from someone that is so horrified over a blackmail attempt would be to refund or replace the buyer, then to press charges on whoever was responsible for blackmailing you. Other than that it looks kinda shady.