FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Antaresia Questions
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #7
MorrigansWings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
No, it shouldn't be too big, but if you're hesitant, you could always go smaller and feed two at a time. However the smaller the mice, the higher the fat content. I am an advocate of feeding older rodents as soon as the snake is able to take them, for the nutritional advantage.
I also find that most "rule of thumb" feeding guidelines that are found online underestimate the size of prey item that a given herp species can eat. That's strictly my opinion, of course, but I tend to ignore things like that in favor of letting past experience be my guide.
Fair enough I'll snag a couple of larger mice before her next meal and see what she'll take. She had 2 fuzzies on the 11th, so I have a bit of time to go get those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elena
I don't feel that is a pure Children's python. Nor does it look like a Stimpson's to me. I'd say it is either a spotted or one of the ubiquitous spotted x Children's hybrids.
I did speak to the breeder and he said he has both spotteds and childrens, and this one's parents were definitely both childrens. *shrug*
Doesn't REALLY matter all that much I suppose, since I wasn't really planning on breeding her. Might have been nice in future, maybe, but if I can't be 100% sure which species she is (or if she's a hybrid), I likely won't.